Single Family Gut Rehab
HISTORY: William Cuba Bungalow
This bungalow is one of two houses right next door to each other, (the other is at 2919), that Millennium renovated in 2001. The original building permit was issued to John F. Stuckenberg for five houses to be built at 2915, 2917, 2919, 2921 and 2925 South Compton at a total cost of $9,000. Anna and John Stuckenberg bought the five lots in 1908 for $2,500. The homes, all designed by architect William Cuba, were built in 1909.
This project is funded in part by a grant from the Department of Housing and Urban Development and the Community Development Agency under the Provisions of Title 1 of the Housing and Community Development Act 1974 (P.L. 93-838)When complete, the houses sold for $3,200 each. William Cuba regularly invested in St. Louis real estate in the early 1900s, and his name can be found in the paper work on several properties in the surrounding neighborhoods. The houses he designed were created primarily with the working class St. Louis resident in mind.